Monday, March 2, 2009

9 - 28 Feb 2009

Rode to work last week in a steady, driving rain for the first time. Had purchased some fenders and clipless pedals over the weekend, and this was a good test of the new gear. Everything worked well, with the exception of some slight rubbing from the front fender when turning and going over bumps. Should be easy to get that adjusted properly. Did find out why everyone seems to have add-on mud flaps though. The spray from the front tire comes off at the perfect height to get all over your shoes. Heard that the way to deal with that is to use the plastic from a cut up water bottle. Will have to try that this weekend.

Also deleted my Twitter account last week. This is the 2nd time I've done that, and this time I think it's final. While I think the idea of sending out frequent status messages is neat, it implies a certain level of ego that I'm not willing to maintain. I'm sure someone out there cares about what I have to say, but I'm not sure I want them to read about it on Twitter. So I'm going to try the "blog thing" and will see how that works instead.

No comments: