Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Rebirth of the Blog

Rebirth of the Rants

Rebirth of the Rants

Well, maybe not so much the rants, but since going back to work, I've felt the need to capture a few of the things I've had to re-learn for posterity. Maybe one day I'll organize them and use them for tutorials, or something, but in the meantime, at least I'll have captured them somewhere that I can search and easily share them.

I had been using Github personal pages to do something similar, but I could never get into the swing of updating the pages there. The Pure.css templates that I used on that site looked great, but there was overhead in maintaining them AND, as my friend Mash pointed out to me years ago, it's stupid not to leverage some of the built-in tools that Google provides on Blogger.

This time around, I'm going to draft all my entries in Simplenote as Markdown and then cut-and-paste the HTML they generate into Blogger. I use SImplenote already and while it's not perfect, I like it. I did a little write-up on it a year ago and it's probably time to do another that captures what I've learned about using it since then, both good and bad.

There's a great deal of old and krufty stuff in the blog right now, but I'll whittle it down as I move forward. For now, I'll focus on getting new material up that I think is relevant.

So without further ado, let's get to it!

No comments: